Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hair care & Face cleaning questions--please advise.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi! I'm sure these questions have been posed many times but...

    I was just wondering is it very bad to brush my dolls hair with an AG brush but without misting it each time (or anytime for that matter)? If I don't mist will I ruin their hair?

    Also, after an adventure yesterday, Marisol has a small spot on her cheek. What is the best method to clean faces? Does anyone recommend buying the cleaning kit from AG or are there other options?

    If there is another thread out there with detailed info previously composed by one of you all please direct me to it!

    Thanks!

    Katie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't offhand know another post but I can tell you my advice.

    I have the misting bottle from AG and do use it each time I brush. It's not a big deal and it helps the hair keep from drying out. I remember once at AGP we were at customer service and a mother and her two little girls come in. The mom said something like "The dolls hair keeps falling out" and the person working there said something along the lines of "You need to brush gently and mist each time. This keeps the hair shiny and helps not to dry it out." Not that AG treats dolls hair right at the salon, but it is an easy thing to do and doesn't really take extra time.

    As for the spot on Marisol's cheek: The product AG offers for their skin is more or less composed mostly of baking soda. What I did was took some baking soda in a cup and added some water to it to make a paste. Then either using a tissue or a soft bristled toothbrush (I found this worked well for me) rub it into the skin where the scuff is. A lot of other people love and swear by Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. I heard you can't use it on parts of the skin where it is painted tho (such as the rosy spots of their cheeks).

    I hope this helps and hostboarders, correct me if I am wrong about something!

  3. #3
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know about the hair question. As for the face spot, sometimes something as simple as a pencil eraser will take off a spot.
    The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works most of the time for more stubborn spots.
    Then there is OXY Acne cream left on & wiped off after it dries(wipe with clean water). Repeat if needed. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Gomunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for posting this thread. # of my dolls were poorly stored (thrown in a cardboard box and put into an abandoned building serving as a storage builing, and then into another storage building) for 2 years (I will never forgive my ex for that). Surprisingly my dolls are in really good conditon from their adventures, but I am sure they need some freshening up. They have been airing out, but their vinyl looks a little dirty, any suggestions?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a vinyl cleanser, Vinyex is the name, I think. It is often recommended on reborning sites for sealing vinyl after it has been painted. It also has UV protectant. It is a lot like Son of a Gun Vinyl Cleanser but it does not add the shine, SOAG adds (which, personally, I prefer for vinyl-- shine on hair is great, shine on arms and legs not so great). It might help recondition the vinyl. I haven't tried it for that purpose but it might be worth a shot.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Gomunk:
    their vinyl looks a little dirty, any suggestions?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders. Don't rub too hard on their cheeks or lips or it will take off the paint.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know where my head is. I read "their vinly looks a little dirty" as "their vinyl looks a little dry." [img]redface.gif[/img]

    I was trying to think of things that might condition the vinyl, not clean it. Sorry!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just take some baking soda on a very damp washcloth, and scrub her vinyl down--only go VERY lightly over the painted rosy cheeks! Be sure not to get any water in the eyes.

    P.S. DON'T waste your money on AG's "skin care" kit--it's nothing but baking soda, says so on the back of the can. (Unless, of course, you're in love with the little washcloth and towel with the AG logo on them--in that case, go ahead; but I just use the washcloths I already have.) [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi! It has taken me a few days to reply to you all, but I just wanted to say thanks for the advice on cleaning. I noticed a few scuffs on Kit's arms today so I'm going to try your tips tonight.
    Thanks again, Katie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •